Tuesday, April 1, 2008

story: Killer in the Shadows (this has nothing to do with me all names are fake)

Prologue
My daylight name is Kira Sandi. I know, strange name, but I didn't chose who I am, just what I am. My moonlight name is Shadow. I'm as some would call me, a serial killer, but I prefer the term "artist". The police try to catch me but, unknown to them, I have one of my associates inside the headquarters of the stations. Her name is Eva Hera. She is a great help to me and my job. Unlike most killers, who kill for the fun, taking innocent human lives, I kill those who deserve it. I do what God should of done a long time ago. I am going to create a new world, free from evil and harm. If anybody gets in my way, I'll send their soul to God for their final judging. This is my story.

New York, China Town, back ally 11:23pm
She ran down the road as fast as she could. Was she being followed? No, at least she didn't think so. She turned the corner down to a dark ally. She leaned against the wall, her long golden hair gleaming in the little light. Panting, she said,
"I think their gone..." Just as she started back for the main sidewalk a black van drove into the path of the ally, the sliding door opened .Three men got out, all smiling evilly. "Hey boss, we've found us a lost Angel!" the smallest one in the middle said "Get her!" They lunged at her, grabbing her arms and holding her back against the wall. The woman was desperately trying to fight her way free of their horrible grasps. "Help me! Please! Let me go!" A big man got out of the back of the black van.
"Hold still my little Angel, let me make this quick..." He reached for her, but, in a flash he was on the ground howling in pain. A man, dressed in a black cloak holding two scimitars, had slashed the mans hand wide open.
"Don't just stand there! Kill that arrogant son of a bitc-" Before any one of them could move, the shadowed man had slashed the pig mans throat clean through, so all the sounds he made came out as muffled gargling. The smallest one was the first to move. He quickly took out his revolver and aimed it at the man. Before he got a shot in, he too was on the ground, his lifeblood draining from his body. The other two by that time had ran as far as they could, screaming of a demon. The woman was staring at the now dying men. The hero who had saved her was walking back into the darkness.
"Wait! Please! Before you go, may I know you name?" He turned around and came very close to her. He was taller so she had to look up at him. She couldn't see his face, it was masked in a shadowy veil from a hood he wore.
"If you must call me something, you may call me, Shadow." With that, he walked off, melting into the shadows, following after the doomed souls of the two men who run. All she heard was her own breathing, the slowing gargling of the dying men, and the screaming of the damned.

The alleyway 12:47pm
She was hunched up against the wall with a blanket around her. She had called the police with her cell phone. Right now they were removing the bodies and taking pictures of the crime scene. "Are you sure you didn’t see his face Miss. .?" an officer asked her.
"Call me Eva, and yes, I’m sure I didn’t see his face." The officer sighed.
"Ok Eva, I’m going to let you go, there is nothing we can learn from you that we don’t already know."
Eva looked puzzled. "Already know? What do you mean?"
The officer looked at her, "Ok look, I’m not suppose to be telling you this but since you asked, we’ve been looking for this guy for months now, we cant get close to catching him!"
Eva thought for a moment "What if I help you? I’ve had a close range encounter with him, and I know what his voice sounds like, so..he may try to contact me again maybe?"
The officer thought for a moment. "Hrm..yes that’s a good idea. Come to this address tomorrow and we’ll talk about it."
He took out his notebook and wrote down the address then gave it to her.
"Ok? 12:00 tomorrow."
She nodded and walked away from the crime scene. "I have to find Shadow..on the police force I can lead them away from him! Then I can repay him in my dept to him!"

Down town, police station 11:50 am
Eva walked into the station, scared out of her wits. What if I don’t make it on the task force? What if the reject me!? How will I help Shadow then!? What if- stop thinking about it. Just get on with the interview, get it done and over with and hopefully they’ll take me. As she sat down to wait for somebody, the same officer who gave her the address came over towards her
"Ah, ms. Eva I’m glad you could make it! Come this way please."
Eva stood up and followed the cop. "He is actually kinda cute.." she said under her breath. He had messy short brown hair, his eyes were blue with a ring of emerald green. His smile could melt any girl on the spot . After a while of walking down halls and corridors Eva asked,
"I’ve met you a lot, but I don’t know your name, may I?" The cop laughed.
"Yeah you can know my name, but just call me detective Aiello ok?" She nodded
"How long have you been on the force?" Aiello thought fora moment
"Hrm...around 2 years" She looked at him
"Only 2 years? You know so much for only being on the task force for a short time!"
He laughed "Yeah well, I think I’m going to be working with you. If you get the job that is. Hey if you get the job ask if you can be my new partner. My old partner. . went MIA You seem like you’d be good at the job, you got a knack for getting near killers"
She looked at him startled. "Uh..thanks?"
He stopped at a door "Here you go, tell me how it goes ok?" He walked off down the hall.
She walked into the room, and saw a tough business looking man sitting behind a desk. He motioned for Eva to sit in a small chair in front of his desk. She hesitated then sat. after a few moments of awkward silence the man spoke
"So..Eva Hera is it?" she nodded. He continued,
"My name is detective Bruce. My second in command I believe you’ve met already."
He gave a slight chuckle
"Well he came to me and told me that you have met our friend, Shadow. We’ve been trying to capture him, to see what makes him tick, figuratively speaking of course. Is that correct? that you’ve met him?" She nodded. Those were the longest hours of her life.

Down town, police station, 7:02 pm
She was waiting outside the office, she stood up as soon as she saw detective Aiello coming towards her he nodded with a smile on his face. Eva’s face lit up brightly at a new thought. I got he job! I got the job! Wait. I should wait before freaking out. First lets see what detective Aiello has to say. He walked up to her but his smile was gone
"im sorry Eva...but..." he paused Eva’s smile instantly vanished Aiello continued
"but..your going to have to see the me every day!" she smiled and practically yelled
"YES! I GOT THE JOB!"
She looked at Aiello with a joyful look in her eyes. He was my first friend here..and now she gets to work with him!? This is great!
"Aiello..thank you so much for helping me! But... your the only person I know here!"
he thought about it for a moment
"hrm...ok I’ll help you get some friends, how that?"
she hugged him then jumped back embarrassed "uh.....thank you , that would be very..nice"
he laughed then bid her to follow him to her new desk and office
"Bruce told me that you are one of the best detectives he had ever seen, well without training of course."
she looked at him startled "really? But..I haven’t done anything!"Aiello looked at her "you survived a serial killing, and you could know some things about him, like his personality, or his weapon of choice and such. All in all your quite good"
Eva looked at Aiello thrilled. He smiled and went back to his desk and sat down sighing with a pile of paperwork in front of his desk he looked over at Eva, grinning he got down to work.

Downtown, police station, a week later, 11:05 am
It has been a week, but with still no leads on the case. Eva sighed and thought for a moment. Why am I here? I should be outside trying to help shadow! Not catch him! She sighed again. "Hey Eva, come to my office, I have a few things to tell you."
Eva got up out of her chair hesitantly. "Come, come! Im not going to hurt you!"
Eva followed Bruce to his office. He shut the door behind her and bid her to sit down. After a few moments of silence Bruce spoke
"Eva, I believe I should put you in forensic, so...our friend can come out and.. Well it seems he has taken a liking to you. So I believe that he will come to you, but not hurt you. is this ok? Of corse I will have Aiello guard you"
Eva smiled. This is just the chance I’ve been waiting for! Now I can help shadow and get some action! Eva nodded
"it would be an honor to help solve this case, and I would be happy to help you in any way possible!" Eva smiled triumphantly.
"Ok, then in that case you will have to go out as soon as possible, I have already notified Aiello about your situation, another crime scene has been found and I need you there to help ok?"
Eva nodded again
"ok Aiello is your partner so he’ll show you were it is." Bruce bid her out of his office as he turned around to look out his window.
She left and looked for her partner Aiello leaning on her desk his keys in his hand
"Eva! Over here! Come on! We have a crime scene to go to!"
Aiello grabbed her hand and brought her to the parking lot. She saw a black car.
Aiello got in and unlocked the door for her "nice car" Eva stuttered "thanks, its my brothers but he lets me borrow it for work." Eva chuckled, and turned the radio on to think.

Fourth street, crime scene 11:20 am
She gasped as Eva slowly walked past the yellow caution tape onto the crime scene. It was a middle age man on his front. Eva almost puked at the sight of the body. The mans was lying in a puddle of blood, he had repeated stab wounds in his back, his left arm was hacked away his stump of an arm was just jagged flesh, the mans eyes were squished and liquid in his sockets. His flesh at parts was red, and at other parts a red-ish purple. Eva was disgusted and wondered why he had to suffer this pain
"D-do we have an ID on the vic?"Eva asked the commanding officer
"His name was Freddy Robinson, a con-man and a escaped rapist. huh...I seems like this man deserved to die...maybe its good for this world..."another officer shook his head
"all lives are meaningful! Look! He has a wedding ring! He must have someone who misses him! " Aiello ran over
"ouch that had to hurt, who do think did this Eva?" Aiello was testing her, she knew that
"u-uh I don’t think it was a robbing, or a mugging cause they left the money and credit cards in his wallet so......do you think it was..Shadow?" Aiello thought for a moment
"well all of his victim were criminals or people wanted by the state..so probably this man was too, good job Eva, detective Bruce made a good choice in hiring you!" Eva blushed
"thanks Aiello" Eva knelt down beside Freddy and examined the body
"wha? - Aiello! Come over here! There’s something in his pocket, help me roll him over...." they rolled him over onto his back and Eva reached into his pocket slowly and pulled out a bloody piece of paper. On it said :
"to Eva and her friends"
Aiello grabbed it
"we better bring this back for analysis ok? we’ll read it then after we try and get prints" he walked off. They wont find anything, that I know that already, Shadow is too careful to let something that important slip past him into the waiting hands of the task force. Would he? Eva stood up and walked away from the disembodied man back to detective Aiello’s car.

Downtown, police station, 12: 55 pm
Eva walked along to Aiello’s desk and saw him looking into a microscope with great interest. She stood beside him and asked in a sly voice
"what-cha doing?" Aiello, startled, jumped back in surprise
"Eva! I don’t hear you come in! Here, take a look at this!" She looked into the microscope and saw nothing. "What? I don’t see anything" he laughed,
"That’s what I find amazing!!! There’s nothing on the paper! Not even a pen mark! Its just a blank piece of paper!"
Eva looked at him bewildered, "what do you mean?!"
He sighed "it’s the note to us, but there’s nothing on it!"
Eva thought for a moment, took the paper and placed it on the table
"really?"
how is there nothing on it?! I mean shadow must of sent a note to me..he knows my name..how does he know my name!? I never told him! Oh my god... how does he know me!? Eva sipped her coffee and put it down on the table, still thinking she didn’t hear Aiello come up behind her
"I have the-" he started to say but
Eva jumped at the sound of his voice bumping into the table knocking over her coffee onto the paper "Oh My God! Damn it!"
Eva instantly grabbed the paper and suddenly stopped
"Eva? What is it? We still have a mess to clean up! Eva?" Aiello looked over at her
"Eva?" She turned to him ginning, she held out the paper really enthusiastic "I’ve found a clue!"

10th Street, Behind The Gang House 4:05 pm
He lunged at the woman, she screamed, did he stop? No he continued to hurt the poor innocent woman. . . . . He deserved to die. The Man was the head of the mob, his name was Kal Snider. Kal smiled then walked off to his followers the woman laid there silently weeping to herself. Kal’s comrades cheering with him. But not for long, they all deserve to die. Shadow followed them slowly, quietly, crawling through the shadows to his prey. One of Kal’s men, Jon carter an Ex-agent of the FBI, thought he saw something behind him, he turned, there was nothing. He kept walking he heard saw it again, he turned, and saw nothing. He started to run "Hey!! Boss!! I think someone is following us!!" Kal turned and laughed "there’s no one following us Jon!! Your just paranoid!! Like always! HAHA!" the rest of his men started laughing along with Kal. They stopped abruptly, Jon gave them a curious look then asked hesitantly "W-what!?" he paused as he heard breathing behind him "No....." he felt a pain in his gut, Jon slowly looked down. Kal and his men screamed and ran. He Tasted blood, Jon saw that there was a scimitar protruding out of his chest. He asked aloud "why?" Shadow leaned beside him and whispered in his ear "because the lives of the wicked should be brief, and for the rest of us death will be a relief. . . . .don’t worry, you’ll see your friends soon enough." shadow pulled free his sword and Jon dropped, still alive long enough to see shadow dip his hand into Jon’s blood and start to write something on the wall. . . then walk off following Kal Snider and his doomed men.

Downtown, police station 3:20 am
Eva yawned "Hrm.......this doesn’t make any sense! Aiello! Come and see if you can figure this out!" he walked over and studied the paper for a moment the paper had strange symbols over it, that Eva couldn’t read."nope. . .I got nothing" he looked over at her "think Bruce would know?" she asked he thought about it "hrm.. . . it’s worth a shot come on" they went to the commander Bruce’s office and knocked "hey! Bruce! Can you help us with something?" "Yeah, come in" Bruce bid them to sit as they told him what was going on. Aiello passed him the paper and asked him if he could figure it out. Bruce thought for a moment and said "yeah.....it says 4th street behind the gang house......is that a clue?" Eva thought for a moment "maybe, we’re suppose to go there!!" Aiello thought for a moment "probably, thanks Bruce! We’ll be right back!"10th Street,

Behind The Gang House, Crime Scene 5:20 am
"Oh my god! Aiello! What the hell happened here!?" They had gotten to the crime scene finally, bodies had been strewn across the street some of their parts were missing, pools of blood soaked the ground. Eva ran away and threw up her lunch. Detective Aiello came over and patted her on the back "you ok? I already called Bruce, he’s sending people over to help figure this out." Eva looked at him, and said, her voice still stinging with disgust, "ugh. . . Aiello this is defiantly the work of our killer ugh. . ." Aiello took out his camera and started snapping photos. Eva stayed near the car at this time, until she heard him scream. She ran too him, he was sitting on the ground staring at something
"Aiello! Are you ok!? Wha- Oh. . . "
she looked at the wall, in blood it read:
The Lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us Death will be a relief
I’ll see you soon my Dear Eva.
Eva looked at it horrified. "A-Aiello what’s going on. . .Aiello?" he didn’t answer, he was staring at something, Eva followed his gaze and saw a man laying on the ground a stab wound to his gut "Jon.."she looked at Aiello "what? Jon? Who’s that?"a tear rolled down detective Aiello’s cheek "my old partner he went MIA...poor Jon. this is what happened to him!? He went to the mob!? Poor thing.." Eva put her hand on his shoulder "Aiello, we have other manners to deal with, did you call the squad?" he nodded "now we just have to wait" Eva smile and grabbed his arm "come one , lets go wait by the car" Aiello nodded shakily and stood up. Eva was tired and the sky was still dark "let's go see if we can catch some shut eye before Bruce and the gang get here. . " Eva smiled as they made there way to the car. Eva suddenly stopped and looked around Aiello said "you feel it too?" Eva gulped "Aiello. . we're not alone. . " Eva’s eyes darted back and forth from one shadowed corner to the next, ready to run at the slightest hint of danger. They hurried to the car. Aiello opened the doors and locked them. They sat there huffing and gasping waiting for something to happen. Minutes passed and nothing did. Aiello grabbed the door handle shakily and opened it slowly. He stepped out to Eva’s dismay "Aiello! What are you doing?! Get back in here!" he looked around and stepped back in. "I think it’s clear. . right?" Eva growled "don’t do that someone’s out there and we both know who it is."Aiello gulped "T-true. ." he paused "Eva. .do you think he .. Killed Jon? Do you?" Eva nodded solemnly then asked "who is Jon? Other than your old partner. .I mean. . I know you knew him. . but it seems like-" Aiello interrupted "he was my brother" Eva looked at him wide-eyed "Oh my god! Im sorry! I-I didn’t know. Im sorry" he smiled " it’s alright don’t worry about it you didn’t- Sh. Eva. . did you hear that?" She listened and heard singing "what? Who’s. . Aiello! Hide! It’s coming closer!" they hid under the seats and listened to the song. .
"Be careful what you do,
‘Cause God is watching your every move,
Hold my hand in the dark street,
For if you do I know that I’ll be safe,
Even if I’m far away, and alone,
I know that you will find me there,
This I know."

Eva looked at Aiello"who’s singing that?" she mouthed. Aiello shrugged. The song continued:
"You draw me close for awhile, so quite,
You tell me everything.
If I should forget what you say,
Then you’ll come to me, and tell me again.
Yes you’d tell me once again."

The song stopped. Eva shuddered and listened quietly. She gulped. Then out of the darkness came an earsplitting cry. Eva and Aiello held their ears and recoiled in pain. Then sound started dimming out as Eva’s mind fell away todarkness.

In The car Behind the Gang house 6:17 am.
Eva felt someone shaking her. Her eyes opened slowly. The world was blurred but was straighten out quickly. She saw the roof of the car and sat up quickly "W-what?" she looked around, then what had happened came flooding back to her. She shook Aiello he groaned and open his eyes and looked at her "Eva? What happened?" Eva looked at him and thought silently to herself. What did happen? What was that sound? Suddenly out of the silence came the sound of cars, and sirens. "Bruce!" Eva bolted out of the car as Bruce pulled up to it. Aiello followed her, after hiding under the seats and being scared out of their wits they looked like a mess. Bruce walked over to them and gave them a puzzled look. He looked at the van and back to them "were you two. . .?" their eyes went wide with shock and they yelled in unison "NO!" they continued yelling for a while until they calmed, Eva added under her breath "you pervert". Bruce chuckled and smiled then said "okay then let get to the crime scene , tell me the story as we walk." Eva took a brush out of her bag and started brushing her hair as she walked. Eva explained what had happened. Bruce looked at her as she stumbled to find the words to explain the earsplitting scream they had heard before. It was dark as they walked the moon just rising above the horizon.. Eva stopped in mid walk . Her eyes went wide with shock. Aiello and Bruce looked at her "Eva? What’s wrong?" Aiello followed her gaze to the road where the patrols where supposed to be waiting for them. Eva covered her mouth to stifle a scream. Bruce said nothing, no words could described what they saw. The cars had long thin lines across them, lines dug deep into them. The officers were scattered about. Guns in hand. But it seems they never got to shoot a bullet. Eva looked around and saw that all of them every one was sliced through or stabbed in the heart. Aiello ran over to officer Jordan, who was in charge of the patrol, his lung was clean cut, and quickly filling with his own blood. Jordan coughed, blood dripping down his face. "Jordan! Jordan! What happened?! Who did this?" Jordan struggled to speak, as if it was taking every ounce of strength he had left. "I-it. . Was. .HIM " after he said that he fell limp, his eyes rolling inside his head. Eva gasped and looked around. She screamed as her gaze fell to a moonlit man standing on the gang house building. Naratu and Bruce drew their guns and aimed them at him Eva looked at them all terrified. The man walked slowly to the edge of the building. The gang house was seven stories high. . if he jumped. Eva watched the man jump off the building ,. Somersaulting to a tree then continuing his flight to the ground. He landed in the middle of the road. Eva saw him smiling she whispered "Shadow. Please. . no.." shadow ran right towards Bruce and Aiello. She screamed as two swords seemed to appeared in his hands. Bruce and Aiello shot at him, but to their amazement and terror shadow blocked the bullets with a flick of his wrist. "You’re going to have to do better than that" he said in a dark voice. Bruce tried to run, but shadow was upon him. shadow tore a hole in Bruce’s chest, splitting his heart and lungs in a single blow. Bruce cried out in pain. .then nothing. Eva screamed in horror as shadow dropped Bruce’s limp body to the ground. Eva held up a hand gun she kept with her. "Heh. . .if I can take down a police force, you think a small gun will help? Heh. .. " shadow said in a teasing tone. Tears streamed down her face. She thought to herself "I don’t want to die! Im not ready!" Eva dropped he gun and backed away into a wall as shadow advanced. Eva knew, She was Doomed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
She closed her eyes and awaited death. . . but none came. . Eva opened her eyes to see the bloody tip of a sword right in front of her face. Trembling she fell back slowly. She looked up at shadow. He looked down at her and muttered "Anata wa baka desu.. . " he stepped back still with an evil smile on his face. Shadow walked off back past Bruce’s limp body . . . Aiello was nowhere to be found. Eva closed her eyes and laid on the ground. . .she was so tired. . .Bruce. . Jordan. . Aiello. .it happened so fast. . . tears streamed down her cheeks. "I-I thought. . I could help Shadow. .but. .he has no room in his cold black heart for. . anybody. . . .Anata wa. . .baka desu. . . what does that mean..?" she sighed..Eva was too tired to move, so she laid on the cold ground, splattered with the blood of her boss. . mentor . . friend. . she fell unconscious. . she dreams filled with the nightmares of the demon of whom she thought she admired. Eva awoke some time later and looked around. Blood was everywhere. Eva crawled along the ground looking for Aiello. She called out to him and got a small reply...a moan. Eva looked and saw Aiello lying on the ground half awake. Eva went to him and shoved him lightly "Aiello? Aiello! Please. . Please. . .stay alive! Aiello. . " he coughed and looked at her "E-Eva? Where’s Bruce? What’s. . . going. .on?" he was half awake. Aiello was holding his side. It had a deep wound in it. He had lost a lot of blood but he wasn’t going to die. Eva smiled slightly "Im fine. . Bruce is. . . " he voice trailed off as she took Aiello’s cell phone and dialed the HQ. . .

Blackville Hospital. 9:00 am
Eva opened her eyes with a start and looked around. She was in a white room.. In a hospital..or so it seemed. Her guess was right as she realized as a nurse walked in smiling. "Good-morning detective." The nurse walked over to Eva and switched her I-V for a new one. Eva asked her "Where am I?" the nurse looked at her "your at Blackville Hospital. You called for an ambulance earlier this morning. Your friend is okay but he has some injury. You on the other hand are fine, you just fainted." Eva looked around "Friend..?Aiello!" she looked around "Where is he!?" The nurse helped her up and showed her to Aiello’s room. His face lit up when she came in "Eva! Your alright!" Eva walked over to him smiling "are you alright?" Aiello nodded "just a minor scratch, that’s all."Aiello’s eye and arm were bandaged. His side had a few stitches, but he seemed to be alright. Eva shook he head "it doesn’t seem like a minor scratch." Eva sat on the edge of his bed . He smiled "Im fine, Hey..are you worried about me?" Eva laughed slightly "well I should be!" she looked at him "that was a strange thing that happened. . and Bruce.." Aiello stopped her "Bruce join the task force to stop shadow, and he was willing to give his life to do it." Eva nodded grimly "right. . im sorry.."

No comments: